Northern Colorado Community Advisory Committee
The Center has opened a satellite center in Fort Collins and is seeking 6-8 community individuals from Northern Colorado to serve on its Northern Colorado Community Advisory Committee (NC-CAC). CAC’s play a significant leadership role and are an integral part of the Center’s governance structure.
The goals of the NC-CAC are:
• Assist with strategy development for programs and services in Northern Colorado
• Provide the Center’s Board with ongoing knowledge of the Northern Colorado LGBT community
• Assist with outreach and advocacy
• Accountability feedback for The Center
• Strategic Plan feedback and support
What we are looking for in participants:
• Committed to The Center’s direction
• Committed to the LGBT community
• Serve as an ambassador and advocate
• Volunteer their time
• Geographic diversity
• The CAC will meet quarterly in Fort Collins
• Meetings will run for about 90 minutes and held in the evenings
• Meetings will be chaired by a Board Member who is from Northern Colorado
CAC members are appointed for a one year term of office and receive no financial compensation for their service on the committee. Consecutive terms can be served. Download the application form here: applications for 2012 will be accepted until 2/10/12. Completed applications can be mailed, e-mailed or hand delivered to: The Center, Attn: Governance Committee, 1301 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80218 or email@example.com. Once a pool of applications has been received, the committee will review all applications. Applicants will be notified concerning the status of their applications and subsequent steps in The Center’s recruitment effort. Candidates should be prepared to have a background check and participate in an interview.
The mission of The Center is to engage, empower, enrich, and advance the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community of Colorado. It works to advance a vibrant quality of life for the LGBT community, inspired by the principles of leadership, excellence, integrity, equality, inclusivity, healthy living, and community connection.
Affirming Equal Opportunity in Principle and Practice